Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The 'Buzz' on frogs & toads for Bass Fishing

In case some of you are not aware, there is a deadly creation out there called the Buzz Frog or Swimming Toad out there and bass are crushing them. Its basically a hybrid baits that takes the allure of a frog and a buzzbait and wraps it into a soft plastic package! From what I can tell, Zoom started it with their Horny Toad and now just about everyone has a spin on it. Check out a sampling below. They work in places regular frogs don't and the hook % is much higher with these ;)


Buy this ProductZoom Ultravibe Horny Toad - This is where it all started

Buy this ProductSizmic Toads - Sizmic made a splash shortly there after, they have some floating & chugging versions as well.

Buy this ProductGambler Cane Toad - This is my personal favorite & I think it has the best sound




Buy this ProductBerkley Gulp Bat Wing Frog - Not sure how important scent dispersion of Gulp! is for topwater...





Buy this ProductKicker Fish Xplodin' Toad - never used it, but looks like a solid design



Buy this ProductMann's HardNose Swim Toad - I have heard good things about the durability of this product, more fish per bait



Buy this ProductYum Buzz Frog - This is probably my second favorite one that I have used



Buy this ProductV&M Bayou Bull Frog





Buy this ProductWave Worms Tiki-Toad



Buy this ProductNetBait Paca Toad - Honestly, this one puzzles me, does not seem like it would create much of a disturbance, maybe for more subtle presentations, I think it would be a great jig trailer...

I think all these will put bass in your boat, I would be interested to hear which are your favorites or if you have comments on the models I have not tried yet. Either way, if you do not have any, you are missing out!

HellaBass
RichLindgren.com

Bassin' Blog
Rich's Bass Fishing Forum

1 comment:

vanckirby said...

the horny toad is my all time fav!