Friday, April 27, 2007

Do Bass Fishing Scents make Sense?

I saw that Mustad has just released a couple new fish attractants. I believe these are a relaunch of Mustad Ultra Bite attractant that was out a year or so ago, but the marketing was not so good and the dispensing was not so good. Looks like they fixed that with a pump applicator as well as a gel, which I kind of like gels for my Jigs.


Buy this ProductMustad Activate Spray
Use the Activate Spray for easy application. Includes glitter flecks for added attraction. Re-Apply when flecks have washed off bait. 3 oz pump spray



Buy this ProductMustad Activate Gel
Activate Gel is a sticky formulation for longer lasting pheromone release. Squeeze on the bait and spread over to form a thin coating with your fingers. Then watch the results.


Why it makes fish feed

  • Formulated with Phero-Tech - today's most sophisticated pheromone technology
  • Activate causes a sensory feeding response that attracts fish and stimulates feeding.
  • Extremely easy to apply to baits, lures and chum.

  • Personally, I like to use scents and attractants when I fish for bass. I feel there is no down side to using them and I think at the bare minimum they do a decent job of masking any offensive odors that my hands may leave on my baits and I think in the long run they will get you more bites. They also act as a lubricant when you lure is sliding over and through wood & weeds ;) I am pretty sure, less hang ups will mean more bites as well!

    I have never used these products as they are brand new, but I utilized another pheromone based gel last year on my jig and I think it really helped. What attractants do you all like to use or do you think that all these scents are bunk?

    HellaBass
    RichLindgren.com

    Bassin' Blog
    Rich's Bass Fishing Forum

    2 comments:

    BOBBY said...

    I'm a avid fisherman, and hadn't heard of this product. I must try it this season to see how it works. Thanks for the information.

    HellaBass said...

    Thanks for the comment. There are not really any magic lures or scents out there, but there are a handful of products that can give you an edge and put a few more fish in your boat from time to time and that is what it is all about!

    Rich