Friday, March 10, 2006

Bassmasters Elite Series - Amistad - Day 2

Overall the bite seemed to be a little tougher for most anglers after yesterday's high winds blew the front though. Bed fish became a little more finicky and anglers had trouble catching fish on jerkbaits & spinnerbaits in the near calm conditions. This being said, Jimmy Mize brought in almost 32lbs today and Edwin Evers & Greg Hackney made big charges to lead the field and the pursuit of Dean Rojas' 4 day total record. I managed to forget my camera, so no pics of the weigh-in this evening.

There appears to be several patterns available for anglers. Guys are catching them on deep flats, flippin' heavy cover, sight fishing and jerkbaits. Fish are available in all from prespawn to postspawn. It will be interesting to see what pattern prevails as the tournament winner.

As far as my personal success..... Got a late start due to arriving into Del Rio in the early morning. By the time my tackle was prepared and license purchased we only had a few hours to fish. I lost more fish than I caught, I believe this is due to winter rust of my fishing skills since I have not been out since October. I boated a handful of small keeper and lost a 6-7lb fish on a mojo rig along with a couple more 3-4 lbs fish. Nothing worth breaking out the camera yet. Hope to change this tomorrow.

Check back tomorrow for day 3 results as they cut down to the final 12.
HellaBass
www.richlindgren.com
Bassin' Blog

No comments: