Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Long Weekend

It was great to be fishing for bass close to home. I was not able to complete the Lakeville Trilogy as Lake Orchard access was full on Saturday and Sunday mornings when I tried to go.

Saturday - Fished from 7:30am to 10:30am with a buddy on Crystal Lake. I caught 3 nice fish and a little 12" all on Green Pumpkins Lake Fork Ring Frys,. We tried Swim Jig, chatterbaits, Spinnerbaits, Fork Frogs and other stuff, but no takers. It was getting hot fast and I had to head home to get ready for a surprise b-day party that I was throwing for my wife. The short fishing excursion was just part of the illusion, she may have suspected something if I had not went fishing on the opener ;)

Sunday - I went out with my neighbor on Lake Marion, he had never really targeted bass before. It was a tough bite, I caught one nice 3lb fish under a overhanging willow tree on a LFT Ring Fry and he caught a small northern as well. Our wives than joined us on the lake so we targeted panfish the rest of the afternoon. We both caught two nice bass on a baby clown colored Husky Jerk. 2:30pm it was just too damn hot and too many skiers, so we headed home.

Monday - 6am - 2pm on Crystal Lake with my club tournament partner John. We have a club tournament on Crystal on June 18th. It is really too early to be practicing as the fish are in a state of rapid transition, so it was more of a fun outing. Between us we caught 15 bass, most of which were in the 2-3lb range and one just over 4lb. Most fish we caught were on inside weedlines and a few around docks and trees. All John's fish came on a watermelon red flake Baby Brush Hog texas rigged with a small pegged sinker. I caught fish on LFT Ring Frys, Craw Tubes, Shakey Head Finesse worms & a brown & purple Swim Jig. I also caught a small northern on a pumpkin/gold chatterbait and also had a 2lb bass on and he spit the hook. It was tough early and the bite seem to get better as the day progressed, probably due to the approaching storms.

HellaBass
www.richlindgren.com
Bassin' Blog

No comments: